About Me

My photo
Trying to get by in life, doing the things I love.

Wednesday, August 25, 2010

And Here We Go!

    So here is my second blog entry, and I'm pretty excited to explain more about why and how I play poker. Let me begin with telling you a little more about myself. I was the typical kid growing up; went to school (hated it), played sports (loved it), and had a bunch of friends (some closer then others.) Though I hated school, it did not actually mean I didn't have goals of becoming a doctor, or a lawyer like everyone else. I'm quite sure a lot of people would agree that I could have easily gone in that direction if I put my efforts towards it. Which leads me to my next thought..."why poker?" Well let me explain, I have always been the type of person who loves puzzles and loves to be creative when playing any game, but to me card games where the cream of the crop. My step dad (Ron), introduced to me to poker when I was about 17, after he had taken down a pretty big tourney for a couple thousand, and I fell in love with the idea of playing a card game competitively for a living. My brother (Krys) introduced me to online poker sites where I could play, and play with the limited bankroll (money) that I had. After depositing about $50 dollars I thought I would start beating poker on a regular basis with the knowledge I had of the game, but I soon realized that there were people at my tables consistently winning and others consistently losing ( I R LOSER!), and I thought to myself, 'how can that be me'. So I took the initiative and picked up some books on poker, and read tons of articles online. With the information I learned from all of the books and articles that I've read I now understand how deep of a game poker is and hope to shed some light on the subject for whom ever decides to follow this blog. The way I see it, if I can get my family to start and support me for my decission to not continue with schooling and become an aspiring poker player, then I'm sure I can help get some support from some of you as well! =)

No comments:

Post a Comment